Preliminary MEMO to be updated and mailed later.
1. This year is a historic year being the 250th New York City St. Patrick's Day Parade.
For more details on this 250th anniversary see the Saint Patrick's Day Parade official web site link:
nycstpatricksparade.org. Our Laois Grand Marshall leading our Association up Fifth Avenue will be announced later.
2. This year's Assembly place and time
2:30pm at 48 West 48th Street, betwn. 5th and 6th Avenues. (Same as most years)
3. Liam McMahon from the "Phoenix Project New Beginnings" in Co. Laois, Ireland will be marching with us this year. the Project was founded by a Co. Laois group to help those severely impacted by the economic meltdown in Ireland.
4. Sincere condolences to Mary Phelan and family on the untimely loss of her husband Senator Kieran Phelan of Co. Laois. Kieran was extremely helpful and encouraging to our NYC Laois Association in years gone by. His brother, is a cofounder and owner of "Mars 2112" theme restaurant
in Times Square, New York.
5. An option for the end of the march this year: President Mike Dunphy can arrange a corned beef meal at the Liederkrantz Club for $40.00 per person. The Club is very close to the end of the march at 6 East 87th Street. For those interested, please contact Mike.